Travel Information – Bhutan Travel and Tourism policy is based on “High Value – Low Impact” and the minimum daily package for tourists traveling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- US $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- US $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- SURCHARGES as follows:
- Single individual – US $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US $30 per person per night.
- These rates are applicable per tourist per night in Bhutan.
- Agent Commission: The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad will not be deducted from the surcharge. The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by Tourism Council of Bhutan.
- Bhutan Visa Fees: US $40 per person is applicable. On the day of departure, the local travel agents’ obligation is limited to providing breakfast. Any additional requirements or services will be payable on actual cost basis.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum prices for travel packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
- The above costs include the following services; Bhutan Travel Informationa) A minimum of 3 star accommodation in twin or double sharing
b) All meals with evening tea
c) A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
d) All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
e) Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
f) All internal taxes and charges
g) A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. (This Royalty is allocated to free education, free healthcare, and poverty alleviation, along with the building the infrastructure within Bhutan)
h) Bhutanese Visa
i) Imported Car with Driver
Note: * 4 and 5 star hotel accommodations with meals require additional premiums to be paid by the guest(s) Bhutan Travel Information
- The following are NOT included in the costs detailed above:a) Round Trip Airfare to/from your home to the connecting city (e.g. Delhi, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Singapore, Dhaka, Kolkata)
b) Alcohol and Beverages
d) International Telephone Calls
e) Travel Insurance
f) Tips for Guide, Driver and Hotel Staff
g) Purchasing of Gifts and Souvenirs
i) Donations to Monasteries and Temples
j) Single Room SupplementDelayed Arrivals:
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must, however, bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required during the delayed departure. It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Prior to your trip to Bhutan you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday to Bhutan Majestic Travel.
You must wire the tour payment calculated by your tour operator as well as US $50 (one time wiring fee) to the Bhutan National Bank through one of their certified international partners with the Bhutanese tour operator specified as the ultimate beneficiary.
Please email the bank wire receipt copy to us, so we can follow up with our Bank. Bhutan Travel Information